🔗 Squid Roadmap
- Schedule for Feature Removals
- some beginner Tasks which anyone can help with.
🔗 Roadmap rules
To minimize noise and the number of half-baked abandoned features, two Feature sets are established for Squid development projects: The TODO List and The Wish List.
- TODO list
- TODO list features determine the release focus and timeline. Each feature must document their desired effect and estimated development time. Each feature must have at least one known active developer behind it willing to prioritize the feature and be ready to spend the time to fully develop the proposed feature (i.e., write, test, document, commit, and provide initial support).
- Wish List
- The Wish List accumulates features that do not meet the strict TODO List criteria. Many of these features can be implemented if there is enough demand or a sponsor. Some may get implemented outside of the official process, submitted as patches, and accepted into the release.
There are no freezing points in the RoadMap. Instead, the development version gets branched whenever a reasonable number of features have been added. One branch gets renumbered and used as ongoing development. The other for Point Releases made at regular intervals with bug fixes.
All features must pass an auditing process for commit, and any feature which has passed that review process at time of branching will be included in the next series of releases.
Features which have not reached completion or have failed the audit, are automatically delayed to the next Squid series. Which should not be an unreasonable delay given the fast-track release plan.
🔗 Squid 6
Now in DEVELOPMENT cycle.
The set of new features is determined by submissions and available developer time. New features may be completed and added at any time. Features accepted before 2023-02-05 (see ReleaseSchedule) will be part of this release.
New features in 6.0:
- Major UI changes:
- Remove 8K limit for single access.log line
- Add tls_key_log to report TLS communication secrets
- Minor UI changes:
- Add %transport::>connection_id logformat code
- Add paranoid_hit_validation directive
- Report SMP store queues state (mgr:store_queues)
- Add cache_log_message directive
- Developer Interest changes:
- Replaced X-Cache and X-Cache-Lookup headers with Cache-Status
- Reject HTTP/1.0 requests with unusual framing
- codespell check added to source maintenance enforcement
- Streamlined ./configure handling of optional libraries
- Add –progress option to test-builds.sh
- Remove layer-00-bootstrap from test script
- Convert LRU map into a CLP map
- Remove legacy context-based debugging in favor of CodeContext
- Removed features:
- Remove unused cache_diff tool
- Remove obsolete membanger test
- Remove deprecated leakfinder (–enable-leakfinder)
Packages of what will become Squid-6 source code are available at http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v6/
🔗 Security Advisories
See our Advisories list.
🔗 Open Bugs
- Major or higher bugs currently affecting this version
- Bugs new in this version
- Serious Bugs
- General Bug Zapping
- Minor Bugs