Squid-3.4 series became DEPRECATED with the release of Squid-3.5 series
Released for production use.
The features have been set and code changes are reserved for later versions.
Additions are limited to Security and Bug fixes
Features ported from 2.7 in this release:
Store ID - a redesign of the store-URL rewrite feature from 2.7.
Basic new features in 3.4:
note directive for annotating transactions
TPROXY Support for BSD systems
spoof_client_ip directive for managing TPROXY spoofing
- Various Access Control updates:
server_ssl_cert_fingerprint type to match certificate fingerprints
note type to match annotations for a transaction.
all-of and any-of types for complex configurations.
No-lookup DNS for certain acl types.
- Support OK/ERR/BH response codes and kv-pair options from any helper
- Improved pipeline queue configuration.
- Multicast DNS
The intention with this series is to improve portability and stability. Some remaining Squid-2.7 missing features are listed as regressions in http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/RELEASENOTES.html#ss5.1
Packages of squid 3.4 source code are available at http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.4/
See our Advisories list.
- Bugs against any older version can be closed if found fixed in 3.4.
- Bugs inherited from older versions are not necessarily blockers on 3.4 stable.