Currently in STABLE cycle. The features have been set and large code changes are reserved for later versions.
Additions are limited to:
- Security fixes
- Stability fixes
- small optimizations
Features Ported from 2.7 in this release:
- Unique Sequence numbering for access.log lines
Features/LogModules (including log daemon module)
Cache-Control: stale-if-error handling and other staleness limits.
acl urllogin type (available from 3.2.4)
Basic new features in 3.2:
Fully transparent credential pass-thru to cache_peer
Kerberos login to cache_peer
Dynamic URL generation for deny_info redirects
- Multi-Lingual FTP directory listings
- Multi-Lingual proxy configuration splash pages for captive portals
Surrogate 1.0 protocol support
SMP Scaling worker processes
''rock'' SMP shared memory cache with disk backing
- Helpers started on-demand instead of delaying startup and reconfigure process
New helpers to demo url_rewrite_program programs
- New helper to lookup Kerberos or NTLM group via LDAP
- New helper to de-mux Negotiate/NTLM and Negotiate/Kerberos authentication
Purge tool to manage UFS/AUFS/DiskD caches bundled
- EUI (MAC address) logging and external ACL handling
- IPv6 support for TCP split-stack
Packages of squid 3.2 source code are available at http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.2/
See our Advisories list.
- Bugs against any older version can be closed if found fixed in 3.2.
- Bugs inherited from older versions are not necessarily blockers on 3.2 stable.